Fashion Sewing Club
New Look 6532
1. Made to pattern except a zipper was added to center front. Facings made this easy.
2. Good length, high neck but not too high, three quarter length sleeves. Didn’t interface facings as denim had enough structure.
Drape Neck Tee
1. Made to pattern.
2. Large at bust/under arms. Drape neck also makes front longer than back.
Center Seamed Pant
Simplicity 8514 Amazing Fit
1. Lengthened back crotch seam and shortened front.
2. Omitted side zip-made into pull on pant.
3. Pattern is meant for stretch or woven. Lots of options for fitting.
4. Sewed seams on sewing machine-plenty of stretch, then topstitched with coverstitch machine.
5. Pretty good pant pattern for Simplicity ☺
1. Unisex sizing so crotch seemed roomier?
2. No change to back crotch but lowered front waist.
3. Legs not too roomy.
4. Fun lounge pants.
Sew House Seven Toaster Sweater, Version #1, Novelty Scuba with Overlay
1. Shortened sleeves and cuffs two inches. Did not shorten body.
2. Took out some of fullness along back sleeve seam allowance midpoint to armhole.
3. Using the serger worked well, especially when using a dab of glue at the start of each seam.
4. Could incorporate the Burrito Roll or Hot Dog Roll when attaching the bottom band.
5. This top goes together with ease and is a quick sew.
Sewing Workshop Barcelona Top, French Terry Knit
1. Chose the double layer cowl neck.
2. Shortened length by three inches and straightened the hem line.
3. The design and directions for inserting the cowl are unique and the result is great.
I based the the cowl first and then used the serger without a hitch.
4. Stickers were used to mark notches.
5. Another quick, easy and fun winter top.
McCalls 7194 Tunic Top, View A, Wool blend sweater knit.
1. Raised back neckline one inch.
2. Next time I would shorten height of cowl.
3. Considered using stabilizing tape in sleeve and bottom hems but found it not necessary.
4. My third fun, easy and quick warm winter top!
Christine Johnson Travel Trio One Center Seam Pant, Medium weight Scuba/Ponte
1. Went down two sizes and tapered legs at hem.
2. The contoured waistband and construction is a nice feature. Adding elastic to the waistband is an option but I found that it wasn’t necessary with my fabric choice.
3. I think the design of this pant pattern would work for many of us due to the center seams and crotch curve .
McCalls 7297 Pajamas, Cotton/lycra knit
1. Used contrast knit strips for neckline and sleeve hem finish.
2. Bottoms made using a one seam pant pattern. Haven’t found a one seam pattern that I like yet!
January 2018 Fashion Sewing Club
Tuesday, January 9, 10:30 and 6:30 at Treadle Yard Goods
Saturday, January 13 10:30 at Treadle Yard Goods