Fashion Sewing Club
Teal Flounce Skirt: Vogue 9113, View A, matte jersey
1. Shortened upper skirt and flounce 3” each, at staggered intervals.
2. Once getting the proportion correct for my height this was a breeze to make!
Border Knit Tee: McCalls 6964, one panel of rayon jersey knit
1. Changed crew neckline to boat neck.
2. Cut sleeves crosswise due to lack of fabric.
3. This is a tried and true tee pattern (TNT). However, depending on the fabric, how it is going to fit is often a surprise.
Ruched Panel Tee: McCalls 7467, View B, rayon jersey knit
1. To create ruching, I sew my serger to 4 thread overlock and set stitch length at 4. I placed my finger in the back of the presser foot as I was stitching. I pulled the needle threads to create the ruching/gathering. This proved to be a very easy method to gather.
2. Not so sure I like the collar or cowl neckline-maybe due to fabric choice.
1. Lengthened the rise one inch on front and back pant above crotch.
2. Cut off 3 inches at hem.
3. Tapered width of pant from knee down (about 13” circumference).
4. On yoke pattern piece I decreased top width by adding two darts.
5. On center back waistband, I decreased the width at the top of the band with a vertical dart.
PS Tiered Tee: Inspired by Silhouette Patterns You Tube video. Working It Backwards
McCalls 6964, View C, jersey knit amount to pattern plus ½ yd. scraps for 8 tiers
1. Determine length for final tee and cut our pattern for body accordingly.
2. Determine tier placements.
3. Slash and spread tier bottoms 1 ½ times width at bottom of first tier
4. Stitch WS of tiers to upper body tee. Repeat for back upper tee and body.
5. May want to baste tiers to garment side before stitching side seams.
6. Complete tee using your preferred method of construction.
7. You may want to cut off body of tee under the last tier.
September Fashion Sewing Club Dates:
Saturday, September 9, 10:30 at Treadle
Tuesday, September 12, 10:30 at Treadle
Thursday, September 14 at Joann-Edina
1. Pattern comes with a long belled sleeve-cut it off to short sleeve.
2. Didn’t see the measurement for the elastic on the front underlayer-don’t miss it-it needs to be smaller to hold the layer up.
3. Widened at hips otherwise used size that corresponded to bust plus 1”. Finding that Jalie might run a bit small.
4. Followed pattern directions for hemming-didn’t use elastic unless it called for it.
5. Cool nursing top.
1. Added 4” in length of skirt but not compression short.
2. Love the pockets and side insert detail.
3. Waistband is small enough to not need elastic (not called for in pattern).
4. Great pattern but runs small-will try 2 sizes up but not as much length added.
Vogue 8906-OOP but available from Vogue online
Navy linen stripe
1. Used bias binding on neck instead of facings.
2. Vent in center back hem.
Jalie 3243 revisited
1. Added darts to back waist and tried them long.
2. 20” leg at hem-straight pant.
3. Waistband facing instead of just turning over=shaping.
Skinny Ponte Pants
Jalie Eleonore Jean
1. Narrowed waistband.
1. Gained length with the stretchier fabric.